Experienced, skilled construction laborer looking to develop their skills and make an immediate contribution to our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- General laborers perform a variety of tasks at all kinds of construction sites. Tasks that require little skill can be learned quickly; other tasks require considerable experience or training.
- General laborers are often required to work outside in all kinds of weather or in buildings without heating or air conditioning.
Qualifications and Skills
- General laborers must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
- Laborers must also be able to concentrate on their tasks.
- The ability to understand and communicate information is also essential.
- Some tools and machines are computerized, requiring technical knowledge to use.
- There are no minimum educational requirements to be a general laborer, but laborers who have specialized skills have the best opportunities.
- Those who serve a formal apprenticeship must generally be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or its equivalent. An informal apprenticeship, consisting of on-the-job training and learning from more experienced contractors, is a common way for general laborers to learn their job.
- Able to work on a full-time basis
- Valid driver’s license (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular basis
- Minimum one year of experience as general construction laborer (preferred)
- $12.00-$18.00/hour, depending on experience
- 401(k), health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability, EAP, etc.