Whitestone Construction Services (WCS) is in need of at least one highly skilled individual that can work independently as well as on a small crew of staff. As the in-house painter, you must be able to turn-key all aspects of this service and communicate well with other WCS staff to successfully complete the work.
- We are looking for a skilled painter to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces.
- Other desired skills include finish staining, drywall finishing and patching, flooring, etc.
- The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Reading and understanding scope documents and instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
- Pre-work surface checks and surface preparation, as required
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Procure materials and supplies, as needed
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Proven experience as a painter
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix, and apply them
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns, etc.)
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Ability to perform take-offs
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Conscientious, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work 35-45 hours per week
- Has reliable transportation that can transport materials and supplies to job site
- $20 to $25 per hour depending upon experience and tools
- 401(k), health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability, EAP, etc.